Sunday, April 26, 2009

Lahore to South Africa

IPL dates were announced. I felt happy, b'coz last time I was busy criss-crossing the Atlantic and was enjoying my days visting Europe and N. America. Only respite, I was not discovering the continent.
Getting to know the score updates on internet was my only way to feel that I am also a cricket fan.

Since I missed the fun last time , I was all prepared to attend the fire-works at Eden gardens, and not being much of a KKR fan was ready to roam around India to catch other teams playing. But...
As we know , Election dates were announced which clashed with IPL. More so, it was the rally dates which clashed with the match days in various cities, and was posing a big threat for the Political Parties, as far as the attendence in these rallies were concerned.
Then happened the attack on the SL cricket team in pakistan, and IPL was thrown out of India, its place of birth and where it belongs.
As I was doing nothing those days, my mind worked over time to cook up a consipiracy theory, and the questin started banging my head.

Do our political parties have anything to do with The Attack on Cricket in Lahore? So as to get the secutity excuse to sideline IPL, which was posing a threat to their pre-poll dramas and show-offs??

I know readers might think that its nothing but an overreaction of a deprived and frustrated cricket fan, but I must remind them that our politicians are second to none if its doing bad we are talking about.

I, being optimistic, am somewhat happy also that atleast this might be something our political parties agreed upon unanimously.

No comments: